Wednesday, May 20, 2009

announcement by the Obama administration on their proposed new CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards

From The Baseline Scenario:

"Why You Should Read the Text, Not Just the Tables

with 2 comments

Keith Hennessey, the last head of the National Economic Council before Larry Summers, has a blog post out (hat tip Alex Tabarrok) reviewing yesterday’s announcement by the Obama administration on their proposed new CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) standards. It links to a very informative report that I’m still digesting. (I was planning a post on the economics of CAFE for today, but now I need to read part of that report.)

Update: I found a mistake in the way Hennessey used a table and I posted about it here. Hennessey graciously acknowledged the mistake, fixed it on his post, and left a comment here. So I decided to delete my criticism. I really should have sent him an email first, and I feel bad about that.

By James Kwak"

Me:

In my opinion, what just occurred is what’s good about blogs, and posters should welcome criticism and proofreading from others.

At least Hennessey linked to the information, as many people make assertions that can’t be easily tracked down.

I wish you would have left posted your point about the importance of determining the assumptions and presuppositions that posters base their arguments upon. That’s essential analysis, and I appreciate when posters put them forth themselves.

No comments: