Friday, May 1, 2009

Boo. Hiss. I want names. It's pitchfork time.

From Mother Jones:

"
Naming Names

Ezra Klein says Obama called the bluff of the holdouts who forced Chrysler into Chapter 11: "Not only did the administration let Chrysler fall to the bankruptcy courts, but Obama called the investors out by name."

Really? That's great news. I want names! Sadly, it turns out Obama didn't call out anyone by name at all, saying only that "a group of investment firms and hedge funds decided to hold out for the prospect of an unjustified taxpayer-funded bailout."

Boo. Hiss. I want names. It's pitchfork time."

Me:

Pitchforks

You know, every time I hear the word "pitchfork", I think of Pitchfork Ben Tillman, who I'm not a fan of. I'm also a follower of Burke, so I wouldn't carry one in any case. But, just to humor me, can't you revolutionaries pick another tool to carry. What about a scythe?

No comments: