Sunday, May 17, 2009

I was surprised, when visiting Dublin, to discover just how short some of the locals must be

From Willem Buiter:

"
They say travel broadens the mind; but you must have the mind

May 17, 2009 9:03pm

I was surprised, when visiting Dublin, at how short some of the locals must be

I was surprised, when visiting Dublin, to discover just how short some of the locals must be. The consequences of the potato famine still appear to be with us."

Me:

My guess is that somebody tried to walk under one of those barriers, sustained head and back injuries, and sued the owner of the barrier. Apparently no one yet has been castrated by trying to walk over it. Of course, that little sign on the right might better explain what is meant. I'll send you ten dollars or the equivalent of it in your choice of currency if you walk over and under. Posted by: Don the libertarian Democrat

No comments: